Stop the Tot.

6:58 AM

We are about to start book 3 of the SPRP. Lei is reading both 1 and 2 with ease and a good speed. I'm just going to show you how I introduce sight words and phonics with each book. Book 3 marks the end of the first set of books. There are 4 sets in Stage 1 of the program. Each set includes 3 readers and a game to play at the end. After I introduce these words to Lei we will start playing the game! Stop the Tot is a bit different than the first 2 books. There are no picture prompts in this book. What I do first, usually on Saturday night, is write up flashcards. I also make little cards with the letters to make words. I introduce these on monday, and work on them through out the week. We also start reading the book on Monday after going over the cards a few times.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook