The Caves

3:43 PM

On Whit Monday we took a family trip to the caves! I hadn't been there in about 5-6 years, so I was really excited. So was Lee. He was so happy to do a Nature Walk, since we usually only do them near our home. Holidays make great learning days!
Lee and his dad at the start of the trail.

Bats! They were so cute and tiny! I'll admit i was afraid to go in at first, since it was so dark in there, but once i got in i wanted to stay! My favorite part of the day, hands down!
The sign at the Burial Cave, but I didn't get any pictures. L saw a snake-centipede like thing crawl between the (rickety) floorboards and we got scared off....so no pics.
Sea Cave an Hammock







I love Mangroves!
Cute Sign
Bird List1
Bird List 2

Isn't the beach just beautiful?

When we got home Lee did some copywork in his journal about the day and we did some narration. He wants to go back so bad!

Next on our list is the boiling hole...maybe next week :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook